Do I have to go in depth with this? He’s the Sherlock Holmes of our generation, what else could I ask for?! But that’s just me.
Oreki Houtarou of Hyouka is one of my favorite anime characters of all time. Despite being a passive character of the series who avoids workload, he has a brilliant deductive skills and often finds himself solving a case at the end of the day. I liked the way he is portrayed, the way the creators made him calm and simple in his daily life, yet surprisingly wise and clever in solving mysteries.
"If I don’t have to do it, I won’t. If I have to do it, I’ll make it quick."
Although, I could’ve liked his character more if his past were visited in the series just once, or even his family. Hyouka might not be the type of series to give us character development in depth, but it wouldn’t hurt to tackle even a little. Nonetheless I love the whole series!
As a side note, tomorrow’s the last day of AnimeSeptember: The 30 Day Anime Challenge, so give it all you got, guys, let’s all end this event with a bang!
- jagdstorm likes this
- gogocandoh likes this
- xcvi-vi-i likes this
- valentinesnormal likes this
- anonymousvenomic reblogged this from azurealley
- yutsukism likes this
- kuroha-haru likes this
- kuroha-haru reblogged this from azurealley
- thetangles said: I JUST had a conversation with shorty-cake in which we decided that she was the female Oreki. Anyway, this made me think of that, hehe!
- thetangles likes this
- unnecessaryfundamentals reblogged this from azurealley
- alf-piyanon99 likes this
- radicaledward101 likes this
- s-ockerdricka likes this
- shizuumi151 reblogged this from azurealley
- curiousiko likes this
- thoughts-in-notes reblogged this from azurealley
- foreveracomiclover likes this
- azurealley posted this